General Registration for 2020 – 2021
Northmount School has open boundaries for the 2020-21 school year. We will accept ALL students who reside in the school's designated attendance area. For the 2020-21 school year we may be accepting some students outside of our designated attendance area and will be carefully managing vacant spaces to monitor enrolment at the school.
Parents are welcome to submit a registration package or pre-enroll for the Regular Program for any grade. Please be advised that based on the current enrolment of studets who will be returnng to the Mainstream Program in September 2020, our school does not expect to be able to accomodate additional students from outside the attendance area in grades 1 through 6. We anticipate having space in Kindergarten.
NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
Because schools remain closed to students and visitors due to COVID-19, new student registrations will now be submitted online. If your child is new to the Division, you must complete our school’s online registration form, fill out and upload the Student Registration form and submit supporting documents before your child(ren) can be registered for the upcoming school year.
Our school will no longer accept printed registrations. Do not drop off student registration forms at the school.
Submitting a registration package after the deadline of April 15, 2020 may limit your options to schools with available space. Learn more about registration dates and deadlines.
Learn more about schools that have implemented a lottery process, and how it might impact new student registration.
HOW TO REGISTER
STEP 1: FILL OUT THE ONLINE FORM
You will need to use an existing Gmail account or set up a free Gmail account to fill out the online form. This helps us protect the privacy of your personal information.
STEP 2: UPLOAD A COMPLETED STUDENT REGISTRATION FORM AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION
Upload copies of the following documents:
- a completed, signed Student Registration form (fill out the form electronically, print a copy and scan the completed copy, or print and take clear photos of each completed page.)
- confirmation of address for the student's parent/guardian (see below)
- legal proof of the student’s name, citizenship and birthdate (see below)
All documents must be uploaded in order to submit the form. Please ensure that you are providing clear photos and the entire page is visible for each document submitted.
Examples of accepted documentation:
Legal proof of student’s name
Confirmation of address
OTHER WAYS TO REGISTER
Families who are unable to register online can mail their completed Student Registration form and copies of their supporting documents to the following address:
18004-116 Avenue NW
Edmonton AB T5S 1L5
To be part of Edmonton Public Schools pre-enrolment process, we strongly suggest families register online to ensure their documents are received before 4 p.m. on April 15, 2020, in case postal service is interrupted.
CONFIRMING REGISTRATION SUBMISSION
Once you have submitted your completed student registration form and supporting documents, we will review all of the documents. This does not mean your child has been enrolled at the school—we will contact you to let you know once your child is enrolled.
We will contact you if we need clarification about any of the documents you submit.
For junior high and high school registrations—once we confirm your enrolment, we will reach out to you for your course requests.
Children currently enrolled in an Edmonton Public School
Students who are currently attending an Edmonton Public School will need to pre-enrol on SchoolZone beginning March 9, 2020 and April 15, 2020.
Requirements for students currently attending an Edmonton Public School are as Follows:
- Beginning March 9, 2020 Through Schoolzone, indicate Northmount School as the school you would like to attend next year also select your program of choice
- if you are selecting Cogito as your program of choice you will also need to complete the Cogito Registration Form (available in the link below) and provide the most recent progress report
If you require help with SchoolZone please contact your current school
Northmount office is open Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and would be happy to answer any questions you have 780-475-5162
Northmount School typically has a large number of applicants for the Cogito program. We will know how many spaces are available, at each grade level, after pre-enrolment closes in April 15, 2020. If the number of students applying to the Cogito program exceeds the available space, our school will go to a random selection. This process is conducted by District administration to ensure all students are provided equal access to the program, following the priority sequence. Parents will be notified of the results no later than April 23, 2020. Following random selection, the Cogito program will be considered full; we do not maintain a waiting list.
Cogito Program Pre-enrolment Priority Sequence
- Students seeking continuity of District Cogito programming who reside within the school's designated attendance area (if no attendance area exists go to #3)
- Students from the school's designated attendance area who are new to Cogito
- Siblings (new to Cogito) of existing students, who reside outside the school’s attendance area (if the school has an attendance area)
- All other students seeking continuity of District Cogito programming but who reside outside the school's attendance area
- All other students
If you are interested in being part of our school or for more information please contact us.