Pre-enrolment for 2018 – 2019
February 1, 2018 is the first day for pre-enrolment of Kindergarten students and students new to Edmonton Public Schools.
March 12 to April 16, 2018 is when students currently enrolled in Edmonton Public Schools can pre-enroll for next school year.
Cogito Meet for Success determined once pre-enrolment forms are submitted.
****Pre-enrolment of students already enrolled in Edmonton Public Schools will be done via School Zone, not by completing a paper passport as in previous years.****
Kindergarten and New to Edmonton Public Schools Information
To be eligible for Kindergarten, children must be 4 years of age on or before March 1, 2018
- Proof of the child's age in the form of an original birth certificate, passport or immigration document must be shown at the time of application.
- Proof of address must be shown in the form of a driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement or other such document.
- Grade 2 to 6 applicants are asked to bring a copy of their latest progress report from their present school.
- Students new Edmonton Public Schools will need to fill out the Edmonton Public School Registration form.
- Paper registration forms can be downloaded from this site and are also available at the school office. Registration forms for the 2018-19 school year are available here (Registration Form).
Pre-Enrolment for Returning Students
- Between March 12 and April 16, parents of students currently enrolled at Edmonton Public Schools can pre-enroll for the 2018-2019 school year online using SchoolZone.
- Please ensure your current address is accurately reflected in SchoolZone.
- Please direct any questions to office staff.
New to Cogito Registration Information
If you are interested in registering for our Cogito Program please read the following information carefully:
- Meeting for Success sessions are mandatory for Cogito registration. Students and their parents will need to come to the school to participate in a Meeting for Success.
- You will be registered for a Meeting for Success session when you pre-enroll your child(ren) into the Cogito program.
- Meet for Success sessions will be determined once forms are submitted.
- We will offer one class each of Cogito Kindergarten to grade six in the 2018-19 school year.
- We anticipate that our classes may fill up during the pre-enrolment phase and that we might have to go through a Random Selection process for some of our classes. We advise you to submit your registration as early as possible, and before the April 16th deadline.
- 2018-2019 Cogito Registration Application Grades 1-6 available here.2018-2019 Cogito Registration Application Grades 1-6 available here.
- 2018-2019 Cogito Registration Application Kindergarten available here.
Northmount School strictly adheres to Edmonton Public Schools regulations regarding the pre-enrolment and random selection process.
Students living within the transportation zone will be eligible for fixed route transportation. Eligibility for transportation will be confirmed through a district applicaition process.
Cogito Program Pre-enrolment Priority Sequence
- Students seeking continuity of District Cogito programming who reside within the school's designated attendance area (if no attendance area exists go to #3)
- Students from the school's designated attendance area who are new to Cogito
- Siblings (new to Cogito) of existing students, who reside outside the school’s attendance area (if the school has an attendance area)
- All other students seeking continuity of District Cogito programming but who reside outside the school's attendance area
- All other students
If you are interested in being part of our school please contact us.