This page will be updated when the dates for the 2017-2018 school year become available.
New!Select Your School in SchoolZone
Each spring, parents across the District pre-enrol to tell us the school they’d like their child to attend next year. Pre-enrolment helps schools and families plan for 2017-2018.
We’re making the process faster and easier by moving it online!
Between March 13 and April 18, sign in to your parent SchoolZone account to select your child’s preferred school.
If you can’t connect to SchoolZone to pre-enrol, or you have questions about choosing a school, talk to your child’s current school principal. Learn more about programming options, choosing a school and visiting a school open house at openhouse.epsb.ca.
Pre-enrolment for 2017 – 2018
February 1, 2017 is the first day for pre-enrolment of Kindergarten students and students new to Edmonton Public Schools.
March 13 to April 18, 2017 is when students currently enrolled in Edmonton Public Schools can pre-enroll for next school year.
Cogito Meet for Success determined once pre-enrolment forms are submitted.
****Pre-enrolment of students already enrolled in Edmonton Public Schools will be done via School Zone, not by completing a paper passport as in previous years.****
Kindergarten and New to Edmonton Public Schools Information
To be eligible for Kindergarten, children must be 4 years of age on or before March 1, 2017
- Proof of the child's age in the form of an original birth certificate, passport or immigration document must be shown at the time of application.
- Proof of address must be shown in the form of a driver’s license, utility bill, lease agreement or other such document.
- Grade 2 to 6 applicants are asked to bring a copy of their latest progress report from their present school.
- Students new Edmonton Public Schools will need to fill out the Edmonton Public School Registration form.
- Paper registration forms can be downloaded from this site and are also available at the school office.
- Registration forms for the 2017-18 school year are available here (Registration Form).
Pre-Enrolment for Returning Students
- Between March 13 and April 18, parents of students currently enrolled at Edmonton Public Schools can pre-enroll for the 2017-2018 school year online using SchoolZone.
- Please ensure your current address is accurately reflected in SchoolZone.
- Please direct any questions to office staff.
New to Cogito Registration Information
If you are interested in registering for our Cogito Program please read the following information carefully:
- Meeting for Success sessions are mandatory for Cogito registration. Students and their parents will need to come to the school to participate in a Meeting for Success.
- You will be registered for a Meeting for Success session when you pre-enroll your child(ren) into the Cogito program.
- Meet for Success sessions will be determined once forms are submitted.
- We will offer one class each of Cogito Kindergarten to grade six in the 2017-18 school year.
- We anticipate that our classes may fill up during the pre-enrolment phase and that we might have to go through a Random Selection process for some of our classes. We advise you to submit your registration as early as possible, and before the April 15th deadline.
Northmount School strictly adheres to Edmonton Public Schools regulations regarding the pre-enrolment and random selection process.
Students living within the transportation zone will be eligible for fixed route transportation. Eligibility for transportation will be confirmed through a district application process.
- 2017-2018 Grades 1-6 Cogito Registration Form avaialbe here
- 2017-2018 Kindergarten Cogito Registation Form avaialbe here
Cogito Program Pre-enrolment Priority Sequence
- Students seking continuity of District Cogito programming who reside within the school's designated attendance area (if no attendance area exists go to #3)
- Students from the school's designated attendance area who are new to Cogito
- Siblings (new to Cogito) of existing students, who reside outside the schoo's attendance area (if the school has an attendance area)
- All other students seeking continuity of District Cogito programming but who reside outside the school's attendance area
- All other students
If you are interested in being part of our school please contact us.